Thursday 11 October 2012

Lighting Planning


7th October

Exorcist Planning

It is now evident to me that artificial light is something I’m very interested in. To begin with I’m going to attempt to recapture the iconic scene from ‘The Exorcist’ which hopefully will enlighten me on exactly what Owen Roizman was thinking of at the time. Obviously exceptions will have to be made as I don’t live at that house! But I’ll try my best.

After the lectures and tutorials we’ve had so far I’m aware of how rare it is they’ll ever be one source light with no reflectors. Looking at the scene there are the more obvious sources such as the lamppost and spotlight from the window, as well as the other rooms light.

However the more subtly lighting could be coming from the water’s reflection on the road or lights hidden behind the stone gate. My stand in will also be wearing dark colours so that the bright light can cast a better silhouette. 




No comments:

Post a Comment