Friday 12 October 2012

Blondes Testing

Blondes Testing

A major problem I encountered when trying to recreate The Exorcist scene is that I had nothing for the wavelengths to reflect onto such as smoke or dust. All that happened evidently was the light brightened the subject, with no eerie atmospheric effect. 

Not wanting to waste the 2,000w blondes I decided to try and capture the same lighting from another film I like, 'The Third Man'. Below is the snapshot I tried to mimic along with my pictures.

I'm using a mac at the moment so I imagine the head from my picture wont be as well lit on an iphone or windows computer due to the different shades of black. 

To make the head outlined I could have raised the light higher however I liked the reflection been given from the sides. Next time a small light will be used also. Looking at 'The Third Man' now, I can see his back is clearly lit meaning a light would've also been shone from behind on his upper body.

No comments:

Post a Comment