Tuesday 18 December 2012

"Dream On" - Aerosmith and Deleted Content

I would have loved to of filmed a 20 minute short to explore plot elements and key ideas further. However I am not being marked on that and with all my friends being at work or university, now is not the time to ask them for help. With the lack of crew, my script did not include much dialogue though to make the film more entertaining a song had to be chosen.

I'm a very visual person and I actually formulated images whilst listening to Aerosmith's first single "Dream On". The song is very emotional yet still plays powerful chords. It was from listening to this song that the story and script was formed, so when it came to editing clips to the music I already had much of it planned out in my head or written down. A small problem I encountered however was that some of the footage that had been shot was simply too bright



Here the light is clearly not diffused and is being reflected by the walls. This disrupts the tone of the film dramatically and subsequently could not be used along with other shots which made up the duration of the song. A shame as I was happy with the composition, my boxer was hitting the speedball at such a fast rate that his face was flickering in and out of view as the ball covered it.

Though a loss, a bigger problem was with footage deleted I no longer had new material to use to fill out the rest of the song. Though previous shots could have been stretched out this would have disrupted the pace and so instead I cut a verse from the song which luckily is repeated seconds later. The line before the cropped verse was matched with a verse later on which has the exact lyrics that the cropped verse had. With more than 200 views, not one person has yet to comment on this which I'm relived about as the audience should not be taken out the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment