Friday 2 November 2012

Test Footage


After losing all my test footage I managed to restore most of it after a week of trying to recover it. Below is the testing I did, heavily influenced by Gordon Willis and Vittorio Storaro.



From my previous light testing I found the Gulliver lights to be the most effective in giving a low level of brightness on a chosen subject. They are easy to move and position making them practical also. The camera I used was a Canon 550d using an ISO level of between 200-400 depending on each shot. Similar to Willis I lessened the aperture to make the shadows more prominent. 

The dark look i was going for would have been thrown off balance however had my actor been wearing a bright colour top. I had to be careful though as too dark of clothing would make him blend in with the background so grey was chosen which I found to be an effective middle ground.

When colour grading I didn't want to change the colours I had capture, just bring them out slightly whilst inputting black also to counterbalance. The picture to me became more clear whilst still keeping the desired look.

Overall I was quite please with how the test footage went, though their are some changes I would make such as the punch bag in the background during the second scene not being so brightly lit. With careful planning I plan to greatly approve upon this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment